There is no better Mexican-style meal than a chicken enchilada, at least in my book! These flour tortilla-wrapped chicken enchiladas are baked with a homemade sauce and topped with cheese. Make them as tame or as spicy as you like!
PRINT the recipe: bit.ly/3fISGpU
SUBSCRIBE for more great videos! bit.ly/WyseGuide
Like my page on Facebook: bit.ly/WyseGuideFB
Visit my website: www.wyseguide.com/
Check me out on Instagram: bit.ly/WyseGuideIG
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 15-oz can tomato sauce
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 12 flour tortillas
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Over medium heat, add the neutral oil to a 4-quart saucepan. Sauté the onion and salt until the onion is translucent and soft, 4-6 minutes. Once the onion is soft, add the garlic, chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, and cayenne powder. Stir until the spices and garlic are fragrant, 1 minute.
- Once fragrant, add the tomato sauce and chicken breast. Bring to a low simmer. Cover and cook until the chicken breast reaches 160°F, 15-18 minutes. Once the chicken is done, remove from the heat and remove the chicken from the sauce to cool slightly. Using two forks, shred the chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Spread a small amount of the sauce in the bottom of a greased 9×13 baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, black beans, 1 cup of prepared sauce, and cream cheese. Stir to combine and dissolve the cream cheese. Divide the chicken filling among the flour tortillas. Roll the enchiladas and place them in the prepared baking dish. Top enchiladas with the remaining sauce, spreading to cover. Sprinkle with cheese and place in preheated oven.
- Bake until the sauce is bubbling throughout and cheese is melted, 35-45 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve with favorite toppings.
21 Oca 2022