In this video I restore an 1840's British Brunswick P-1841 officer musket that was found in Nepal. I was hesitant to restore such an old rifle, but i decided it would provide me with useful experience. I started by breaking the dirt and grime down with WD40. Once I was able to get to the screws the disassembly could begin.
The gun was not difficult to disassemble. The hard part for me was fixing the broken stock and bringing out the beautiful colors of the wood. In the end I was quite happy how the bug chewed stock came out.
I wanted to give a real test fire for the video, but for safety I will wait until I have the riffle looked at by a qualified gunsmith. I was however able to provide a tiny "blank fire" to show that it is functional.
I hope you guys enjoy, if you do leave a like and a comment. Subscribe if you would like to see more awesome content ;).
Wooden sign: www.simplecreations.com
Disclosure: The products listed above are using affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. These purchases help fund projects on this channel. Thank you!
7:43 Cleaning metal parts
8:48 Stock restore
13:56 Metal part restore
17:51 Cold bluing
24:09 Before and after
24:33 Blank test fire
6 Eki 2021